Stuart Paynter is the owner and principal attorney of The Paynter Law Firm PLLC. Stuart’s practice concentrates exclusively on plaintiff-side litigation with a focus on contingency fee representation of individuals, small businesses, and consumers.
Under Stuart’s direction, The Paynter Law Firm PLLC has recovered over $110 million to-date. Stuart has been heavily involved in mass tort actions and in commercial class actions on behalf of consumers nationwide. Recently, he was heavily involved in litigation on behalf of NCAA student-athletes seeking to protect them from exploitations by the NCAA and large corporations.
- What a Tangled Family Tree We Weave: Trademarks, publicity rights, and the cross-pollination of First Amendment defenses through video games. Co-authored with Celeste H.G. Boyd. Journal of Int’l Media & Entertainment Law, Vol. 4, No. 1 (2011-2012)
STATE BAR ADMISSIONS
- North Carolina
- District of Columbia
FEDERAL BAR ADMISSIONS
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of North Carolina